- Financing Land Use Mitigation: A Practical Guide for Decision-Makers. Streck, C., Murray, B., Aquino, A., Durschinger, L., Estrada, M., Parker C., and Zeleke, A. Prepared with support from cooperative agreement # S-LMAQM-13-CA-1128 with U.S. Department of State. 2015.
- WWF FCP Discussion Paper: How the Green Climate Fund (GCF) can operationalise the Warsaw Framework for REDD. 2015.
- Status of Climate Finance and REDD+ under the UNFCCC. Estrada, M. and O’Sullivan R. USAID-supported Forest Carbon, Markets and Communities Program. 2014.
- Land Use in a Future Climate Agreement. Estrada, M., Lee, D., Murray, B., O’Sullivan, R., Penman, J., and Streck, C. 2014.
- Estrada, M. and Joseph, S. Chapter “Baselines and monitoring in local REDD+ projects” in Analysing REDD+: Challenges and choices Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Bogor, Indonesia Authors:Angelsen, A.; Brockhaus, M.; Sunderlin, W.D.; Verchot, L.V. (eds). 2012.
- Estrada, M. and Trines, E. Study comparing opportunities for REDD+ in 26 developing countries. Silvestrum report with conceptual input and financial support of GIZ. June, 2012.
- Estrada, M. and Corbera, E., 2012. The potential of carbon offsetting projects in the forestry sector for poverty reduction in developing countries. A: De Clerck, F., Ingram, J.C., Rumbaitis del Rio, C. (eds) Integrating Ecology and Poverty Reduction. Springer Publishing Ltd. ISBN 978-1-4419-0632-8
- Estrada, M. Standards and methods available for estimating project-level REDD+ carbon benefits. Reference guide for project developers. Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)Bogor, Indonesia. 2011.
- CIFOR Infobrief Rights to forests and carbon under REDD+ initiatives in Latin America. Anne M Larson, Esteve Corbera, Peter Cronkleton, Chris van Dam, David Bray, Manuel Estrada, Peter May, Gabriel Medina, Guillermo Navarro and Pablo Pacheco. November 2010.
- Article Rights to land, forests and carbon in REDD+: insights from Mexico, Brazil and Costa Rica. Corbera, E., Estrada, M., May, P., Navarro, G. and Pacheco, P. (2011). Forests, 2(1): 301-342.
- Chapter The ‘Nested Approach’ to REDD+: How could it be Implemented? Lucio Pedroni, Manuel Estrada, Mariano Colini Cenamo in Pathways for Implementing REDD+ Experiences from Carbon Markets and Communities. UNEP Risø Centre. Perspectives Series 2010.
- Article Much Still to be done (on REDD), on the implications of the AWG-LCA negotiating text on REDD for private investment. Included in the supplement Bonn climate talks of Trading Carbon published by Point Carbon. June 2010.
- Chapter on México co-authored with Esteve Corbera, in the book REDD, forest governance and rural livelihoods: The emerging agenda. Edited by Oliver Springate-Baginski and Eva Wollenberg and published by CIFOR. 2010.
- Article Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries: revisiting the assumptions Esteve Corbera · Manuel Estrada · Katrina Brown. Published in Climatic Change DOI 10.1007/s10584-009-9773-1. Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009.
- Corbera, E., Estrada, M. i K. Brown. How do regulated and voluntary carbon-offset schemes compare? Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences, 2009.
- Article Not ready for REDD? co-authored with Esteve Corbera for the Science and Development Network (Sci-Dev Net). Published online on the 21st October 2009.
- Corbera, E. i M. Estrada, 2009. A cautionary note on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD). Tyndall Briefing Note 39, Tyndall Centre, Norwich.
- Co-authored the chapter Creating Incentives for Avoiding Further Deforestation: The Nested Approach, with Charlotte Streck, Lucio Pedroni and Michael Dutschke, included in the book Climate Change and Forests – Emerging Policy and Market Opportunities. Edited by Charlotte Streck, Robert O´Sullivan, Toby Jason-Smith and Richard Tarasofsky and published by Brookings Institution Press and Chatham House. 2008.
- Co-authored the chapter A Latin American Perspective on Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry Negotiations under the UNFCCC with Andrea García-Guerrero, included in the book Climate Change and Forests – Emerging Policy and Market Opportunities, Edited by Charlotte Streck, Robert O´Sullivan, Toby Jason-Smith and Richard Tarasofsky and published by Brookings Institution Press and Chatham House. 2008.
- UNFCCC negotiations (pre-Kyoto to COP-9): what the process says about the politics of CDM-sinks. Co-authored with Emily Boyd, and Esteve Corbera. International Environmental Agreements. Accepted: 20 March 2008. Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008.
- Estrada, M., Corbera, E. i K. Brown, 2007. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation in developing countries: Revisiting the assumptions. Tyndall Centre Working Paper 115, Tyndall Centre, Norwich.
- The politics of afforestation and reforestation activities at COP-9 and SB-20. written with Boyd, E., Corbera, E. and Gutiérrez, M. Tyndall Centre, Tyndall Briefing Note No. 12 (December 2004).
- Climate Change: Origins and Consequences published in Revista Notas of the National Institute of Statistics, Geography and Informatics (INEGI), number 16, 2001.
- “Climate Change: Sustainable Development, Equity and Market Mechanisms”, written with Carlos Gay in World Resources Review, vol. 13 no. 13, year 2001.
- Opportunities for Fighting Climate Change in the Agricultural Sector, written with Carlos Gay and published in ASERCA-Claridades Agropecuarias magazine of the Ministry of Agriculture of Mexico (SAGARPA) number 91, march 2001.
- Climate Change and its Effects, article published in Revista Notas of the National Institute of Statistics, Geography and Informatics (INEGI), number 8, 1999.
- Joint Implementation in Mexico article published in the website of the National Institute of Ecology of Mexico, 1998.
- Basic ideas about growing baselines in future commitments for non – Annex I countries written with Carlos Gay and prepared for the Workshop on Baselines organized by the U. N. Framework Convention on Climate Change held in Abidjan, Cote D´Ivoire, 1998.
- Global Climate Change written with Julia Martínez and Cecilia Conde in Bien Común y Gobierno, Year 4, number 39, de February 1998.
- Chapter on Climate Change in Habitat Destruction, written with Carlos Gay and published by the University Environmental Program of UNAM, 1998.
- Chapter on Mexico in the National Climate Change Action Plans: Interim Report for Developing and Transition Countries, October 1997 written with Carlos Gay, Julia Martínez, Claudia Sheimbaum and Cecilia Conde, U. S. Country Studies Program.
- Mitigation Analysis for Mexico .- written with Carlos Gay and Julia Martínez from the National Institute of Ecology and M. Bauer, O. Masera, J. Quintanilla, and C. Sheinbaum from UNAM in Global Climate Change Mitigation Assessment: Results for 14 Transitional and Developing Countries, August 1997, United States Country Studies Program.